As an amazon associate, Best Wood Carving Tools may earn an affiliate commission when you buy through links on our site.
A simple, yet sleek French folding knife, the Opinel No 6 review is a great tool for overall use. Featuring a unique design, a carbon steel blade, and classic wooden handle, there is no doubt why this is a popular choice for many people.
is it really as great as several have claimed?
We are going to break down the particulars of the knife, its advantages, flaws, and discuss its overall value.
First, let’s take a look at the details.
Opinel No 6 Review Details
Although simple, the Opinel No 6 review shows some admirable features:
- The wooden handle is made of Beechwood
- The blade is made of carbon steel, although there is a stainless steel alternative
- The blade length is 2 14/16”
- Features a folding mechanism where the blade is encased in the wooden handle
- The spine of the tool offers a sharp grind
- In order to keep the blade in place when opened, there is a stainless steel Virobloc rotating locking ring
- When closed, the knife length is 3 5/8” and when opened, the length is 6 1/2”
- The weight measures in at .5 lbs. (8 ounces)
|Knife:||Opinel No 6|
|Steel:||XC90 Carbon Steel|
|Blade Length:||2 14/16”|
|Weight:||.5 lbs (8 ounces)|
|Total Length:||6 1/2”|
|Locking Mechanism:||Stainless Steel Virobloc|
|Type:||Multi purpose folding knife|
The BIGGEST highlights with the No. 6 are its handle, blade, and the Virobloc rotating locking ring.
The wooden handle presents an ergonomic design and while somewhat bulky, it is lightweight and can still be easily carried around.
The carbon steel blade is slim and offers a sharp grind when closed, allowing the user to spark ferrocerium rods.
Lastly, the Virobloc locking ring, not found on smaller options from the brand, is a great feature for safety and functionality.
Let’s see how these highlights give the Opinel No. 6 advantages over its competition. [Read more…] about Opinel No 6 Review